Why might I need allergy therapy?
The number of people with food or inhalant allergies has increased dramatically in recent years and Bristol will be no exception to this. It is estimated that 25% of young children and up to 60% of adults now show symptoms associated with food reactions.
What causes allergies and intolerances?
There are many reasons why some people react to certain foods while others digest them with ease. For many, it is a combination of factors related to their lifestyle, their digestive health and the environment in general. Examples are :
- lack of variety in the diet
- high consumption of preservatives and artificial flavours
- increased chemical pollution in the air, water and food
- impaired digestion due to lack of stomach acid and enzymes.
- candida overgrowth in the digestive tract
- mercury amalgam poisoning
- genetic predisposition
What symptoms could be caused by allergies and sensitivities?
Many common symptoms and signs could suggest the possibility of food sensitivity. For example:
- bloating and fluid retention
- dark circles under the eyes
- swollen glands
- intestinal pain
- constant fatigue
- racing pulse after meals
- excessive phlegm
- asthma or eczema
Identifying food sensitivities with kinesiology
Using kinesiology (gentle muscle testing) I can identify which foods, chemicals and inhalants create an energetic stress in your system. As well as identifying the problem foods from a rage of about 120, I can look for wider stresses in your system, including:
- The underlying health of your digestion, including any levels of enzymes, stomach acid and bacteria which show to be out of balance.
- Whether you are affected by any wider issues that could aggravate your symptoms, such as parasites, candida overgrowth, heavy metal poisoning, stress or ‘leaky gut’.
- Other more subtle stresses, like residual trauma and emotional upset.
- What steps you should take to redress any imbalances.
The good news is that many food and inhalant sensitivities can be corrected when the underlying causes are addressed, especially if the offending items have been avoided in the meantime.
If I am working with babies and toddlers who are too young to muscle test directly, I will use the mother as a surrogate. This is just as accurate, as all mothers are energetically connected to their child, especially in the first few years. One aspect to consider if you are concerned about your baby is whether the issue originates with you or your child. Who should be tested? If you are still breastfeeding it may be your diet and overall health that is most important. What is the environment like in the household? Are there stresses that your child is picking up on? I often start with the child and then realise that it is the parent who needs the most support.
One final point, I must mention that I am not a medical doctor so cannot legally identify allergies. Only a doctor can officially give you that medical diagnosis. I am looking for foods and other factors that stress your energy field, that might not sit harmoniously with your body’s needs.